Salesforce Summer’23 Release Notes 
Salesforce launches updates quarterly to keep its platform up-to-date with the latest technological advancements, industry trends, and customer demands. By releasing updates every three months, Salesforce can deliver new features, functionalities, and improvements at a faster pace, enabling customers to quickly adapt to changing business requirements and stay ahead of the competition. Salesforce Summer’23 release notes have delivered many new features and functionalities.
Additionally, the quarterly release cycle allows Salesforce to collect and incorporate customer feedback more efficiently, ensuring that its updates are aligned with customer needs and preferences. It also provides customers with a more predictable release schedule, making it easier to plan and prepare for updates.
Overall, the quarterly release cycle allows Salesforce to continuously enhance its platform, innovate faster, and deliver greater value to its customers.
Salesforce Summer’23 Flow Updates
Compose intelligent workflows with Flow Builder, OmniStudio, and Flow Orchestration. Integrate across any system with Flow Integration.
- Flow Integration
MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce is now Flow Integration. Flow Integration makes it easy to integrate data from any system with clicks and invoke processes in any flow. When you create a secure process to connect the information stored in different systems, you build a real-time, integrated view of your customers and business.
- Flow Builder
In the Salesforce Summer’23 release get external data without using code (generally available). Send data to external servers without using code (beta). Create screens that react to changes from other components on the same screen (beta). Log emails and use email templates with the Send Email action. Convert processes with scheduled actions to flows with the Migrate to Flow tool. Convert MuleSoft REST APIs into invocable actions. Use multi-select picklists in screen flows for Flow in Slack.
- Flow Builder Updates: Get external data without using code (generally available). Send data to external servers without using code (beta). Create screens that react to changes from other components on the same screen (beta). Use reactive formulas to perform logic on the same screen (beta). Log emails and use email templates with the Send Email action.
- Flow and Process Management: We disabled the creation of new Process Builder processes, but you can still activate, deactivate, and edit them. Convert processes with scheduled actions to flows with the Migrate to Flow tool. Delete a flow or process version from a managed package.
- Flow Extensions: Convert MuleSoft REST APIs into invocable actions. Use multi-select picklists in screen flows for Flow in Slack. Use more data types in flow screen input parameters for Flow in Slack.
- Flow Orchestration
Control the context that your auto-launched orchestration, background steps, and evaluation flow run in. Use the new MuleSoft step to run MuleSoft actions from an orchestration. Add comments to orchestration run logs, list views, and detail views. Benefit from the refreshed record and record collection variables after an orchestration running on version 58.0 resumes.
Accessibility improvements enable screen readers to accurately render the OmniScript runtime experience. The name of the Standard OmniStudio Runtime setting changed.
- Get a Better Screen Reader Experience with Accessibility Improvements: Accessibility improvements ensure that screen readers more accurately render the OmniScript runtime experience for users.
- Standard OmniStudio Runtime Name Is Changing: To ensure that the purpose of the setting is clear, the name of the Standard OmniStudio Runtime setting is changed to Managed Package Runtime. This setting is now enabled by default. While the name of the setting has changed, your org works as it did before the upgrade.
Salesforce Security, Identity, and Privacy Updates
In the Salesforce Summer’23 Release Multi-factor authentication (MFA) and enhanced domain rollouts continue. Track file activities with File Event for Event Monitoring. Automate processes for Security Center data with flows. Build native identity experiences with new and improved Headless Identity APIs. And host preference forms via your own Salesforce instance.
- Enhanced domains are deployed, and Salesforce Edge Network is enabled on a rolling basis. You can determine the origin of My Domain redirections, and multiple improvements help you configure and maintain your custom domains.
- Identity and Access Management
- MFA auto-enablement is in effect for the second phase of orgs. Monitor and enhance login security with new tracking tools and hybrid flows. Explore new ways to customize user registration, password recovery, and single sign-on experiences. Enhance the performance of authorization flows with new JSON capabilities.
- Privacy Center
- Host preference forms via your own Salesforce instance—there’s no need for an Experience Cloud site or an external site. Use Field Audit Trail to track changes to consent management objects. And learn more about Preference Manager with the new Trailhead badges.
- Salesforce Shield
- Extend your security and monitoring reach with more Shield functionality. View consolidated information about your encryption policies in Security Center. Real-time event and event log file coverage expand to track more file activity, URL redirect sources, and OAuth flows. And the period for opting into or out of generating event log files is enforced.
- Security Center
- Automate processes for Security Center data with flows. Deploy mobile app Security policies with a new Security policy type. Track changes to encryption policies and track the login count for external users with new Security Center metrics. Run Security Center features on Government Cloud orgs.
- Data Mask
- Use Data Mask to obfuscate sensitive information in your sandbox so that data isn’t replicated in a readable or recognizable way in another environment. Faster job processing times and improvements to unique field masking are headed your way.
- Other Security Changes
- Content sniffing protection is enforced. Assign external credentials with permission to set groups and profiles. To calibrate access, link OAuth scopes to principals in external credentials and select from more HTTP referrer policy options. And you can create and manage named credentials with Connect API.
Kizzy Consulting is a Salesforce Consulting Partner based in Panchkula, India. Kizzy has successfully implemented 100+ Salesforce projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Germany, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at [email protected] or Contact us.