Salesforce Outlook Integration: Boost Your Productivity 
In this article, we will discuss Salesforce 3rd party integration with Outlook in detail. Salesforce and Outlook are two powerful tools that manage daily tasks and communications. Salesforce is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps businesses manage their sales, marketing, and customer support activities.
Salesforce has a market share of around 20%* in the CRM industry and entertains more than 150K+ companies with its tools. Whereas Outlook is a desktop email client used to manage emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks. Outlook has a market share of 40%* across the industry.
This integration is the process of connecting these two tools to enable seamless data exchange between them. This integration allows users to access Salesforce data within Outlook, including contacts, leads, accounts, opportunities, and cases. This integration also enables users to perform various Salesforce actions within Outlook, such as creating and updating records, sending emails, scheduling events, and setting tasks.
Benefits of Salesforce Outlook Integration
This integration offers several benefits to businesses and individuals who use these tools. Let's discuss these in detail:
- Productivity Booster: One of the primary benefits of this integration is increased productivity. With the Salesforce Outlook plugin, users can access Salesforce data within Outlook, eliminating the need to switch between different applications.
- Easier Scheduling: This integration also enables users to perform various Salesforce actions within Outlook, such as creating and updating records, sending emails, scheduling events, and setting tasks.
- Increased Team Compatibility: Another benefit of Salesforce <--> Outlook integration is improved collaboration. This integration enables users to share Salesforce data with their colleagues within Outlook, making it easier to collaborate on projects and tasks. This integration also allows users to view their colleagues' Salesforce activities within Outlook, enabling them to stay up-to-date on relevant business information.
- Removed Data Redundancy: As discussed earlier in this article, Salesforce and Outlook are two very different tools. The former holds the customer datasets whereas the latter is used to sell commodities to those customers. Thus, working on any one of the tools at a time decreases the risk of data redundancy.
Features of Salesforce Outlook Integration
This Integration has several features which can have major effects on how the team dynamics change.
Some basic features include:
- Records can be saved to Salesforce even while sending an Email.
- Two-way syncing of activities from SF to Outlook and vice-versa.
- Salesforce Email Templates can also be used for sending emails.
- Single-click logging of Emails from Salesforce.
Einstein Activity Capture
Einstein Activity Capture (EAC) is an important feature used to sync Salesforce and Outlook. EAC captures the changes in Activity records related to Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Leads, etc, and then shows these records in Outlook. EAC is also used to display the Emails related to any Salesforce object record in Salesforce.
Setting up Salesforce ←→ Outlook Integration
Setting up Salesforce with Outlook is pretty easy and includes the following steps:
- Enable Outlook Integration in Salesforce.
- Enable accessibility for Einstein Activity Capture.
- Select Microsoft Office 365 for integration.
- Next, set OAuth 2.0 as the authentication method.
- Then set the syncing for various objects.
- Assign the user for Outlook Integration in Salesforce.
- Assign permission sets if any to the user and our user will now have Outlook integrated with the user using the user’s Email registered in the Salesforce system.
This sums up the installation of SF ←→ Outlook Integration.
Salesforce to Outlook connection is a must-have tool for businesses and individuals that rely on both applications to manage their everyday work and communications. This integration has various advantages, including enhanced productivity and collaboration. Users can install and configure the Outlook Salesforce plugin and use it to boost productivity and efficiency by following the steps indicated in this article.
We can be a single answer to all your Salesforce strategies and queries. Kizzy Consulting leverages years of experience and learning of the World’s no. 1 CRM software to make your working process easier. ☺️
Contact us for consultation services or for demonstrations.
Kizzy Consulting is a Salesforce Consulting Partner based in Panchkula, India. Kizzy has successfully implemented 100+ Salesforce projects for 100+ clients across sectors like Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Sales, Manufacturing, Real estate, Logistics, and Healthcare in countries like the US, Europe, Germany, and Australia. Get a free consultation now by emailing us at [email protected] or Contact us.